1. Try to chose the specific medical condition you wish to consult about - if you know/are fairly certain what condition you are suffering from please select "I want help for my condition" and then pick the condition from the list. This provides us with the most appropriate information for your condition.
2. To attach a photo you must pick a specific condition. This is especially important if you have a rash so we can more easily reach a diagnosis. Select "I want help for my condition" and then select either:
a. Any of the dermatology type conditions (e.g. acne, rash, hives, eczema, warts etc)
b. Breast problems for both men and women,
c. Cold/flu , or
d. Eye-based templates
3. Try to chose General Advice only when your condition is unknown or it does not fit into any of the condition categories.
· How do I access eConsult? It is quite simple! Visit the practice website and click on the eConsult banner that says ‘Contact our doctors online’.
· When will I get a response back? The clinician will review your response and get back to you within 24 hours BUT if received before 4:30pm we aim to contact you on the same day. We will contact you by phone, by email or by text.
· What about my Child? Parents / Guardians can complete an eConsult on behalf of their children aged 6 months and above. Carers/Parents will receive a call back or an appointment to close off the eConsult.
· But I need to be seen? Your eConsult will be reviewed by a clinician and if you need to be seen you will be given an appointment.
· I completed an eConsult and I was advised to contact the practice for an Urgent appointment? This happens when a patient reports symptoms that suggest they are too unwell for the eConsult system. These patient’s details should be added to the Duty Doctor column.
· I completed an eConsult, but I have not heard back from the practice. Please have a look in the patient’s notes to see if someone has recorded a failed attempt and speak to the team to understand what went wrong and advise the patient accordingly.
· I have an administrative request. You can submit admin requests by visiting our website, go to the eConsult banner and select administrative requests.
You can use a phone, laptop or tablet to access eConsult